The Programme offers a number of services, all of which are free to participants. These include:
(a) Access to a qualified business mentor / tutor, who will work individually with participants;
(b) A training course, which focuses on issues to assist in the preparation of business enterprise. The course will be split over 3 workshops & 3 modules:
Workshops to include three separate subject areas:
- Confidence Building;
- Generating a Business Idea; and
- Exploring the World of Enterprise.
Three mandatory CCEA modules
- Understand Enterprise and Enterprising Skills;
- Understand the Personal Qualities and Abilities for Business; and
- Understand the Opportunities and Risks in running a Business.
(c) Guidance with putting together a portfolio, which will show evidence of research and independent work completed by the participant;
(d) Assistance in determining the minimum capital required to start the business and, if applicable, exploring the potential sources of finance that may be available;
(e) On successful completion of the programme, the participant will be awarded a Level I QCF qualification in Understanding Business Enterprise.